Thursday, January 12, 2012

2011 a Year in Review

This year wasn't particularly easier. I lost my gall bladder. I've gotten really sick several times. I had some pretty big blow outs with people that were really close to me. I went from working 40 hours a week, to anywhere  between 48 and 62 (mostly averaging 54). I work four jobs (my taxes this year are gonna be a mess, not because of anything illegal, but because of all the jobs). I stopped eating meat. I made a lot of mistakes this year.
It's weird, 2011 started out with a bang! It was crazy awesome, but then I got sick. And then sick again. But then things turned around for a while. My friend Allee came to visit. We went on a wacky adventure. My buddy Jay moved to town and we rode bikes. I acquired three bikes this year. (I'm not allowed to buy anymore bikes in 2012). I got a pet frog. She's still alive and she seems happy. I played league softball. I got really into pub quiz (playing and hosting). I met up with a bunch of friends, in NYC. I made it to Maine. I road my bike all over the city of Boston. I saw a Braves game in Turner field. I made new friends. I read a bunch of books. I stopped eating meat. I made a lot of good choices this year. And had a lot of crazy awesome adventures, e.g. riding bikes until 4 in the morning with Jay, or going to three concerts, or driving around the northeast with Allee, or going to Maine on a whim, or riding my bike all over Boston. (I know I mentioned the bike thing a lot but it's wicked cold and I can't wait for the weather to warm up). 

The good and the bad seemed to balance itself out in a nice neat way. (At least in the end it's nice and neat, in the midst of it all it it's a mess).


Before 2011 ended I read a book called The Happiness Project. The book was awesome it was about this ladies personal adventure to try and find more happiness in her life. She made a lot of really interesting points on happiness and I think it was a great way to end such a challenging year. There was something more specific that helped to end 2011 the right way. In any case, I look forward to the year ahead.

I'm excited to see what 2012 has in store for me.

Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment